Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1) Select one problem from the list provided below that you would like to research and investigate.
2) You are required to use no less than five (5) sources. The sources/references used must come from scholarly articles, newspapers, periodicals, etc. I encourage you to use the Richland Campus Library online catalog available to all students. There you will find different databases, govt. resources, journals, newspapers, etc. that will help you complete this paper/course requirement.
3) You are required to answer all of the questions found in the template below using APA or MLA format. Citing sources/references throughout the literature is required as well. Single or double space is acceptable.
4) You must type the questions and answers using a word document, single or double space, 12 as your font size, and times new roman as your font face. You can either write your analysis in question and answer format or essay format. Please note that I prefer question and answer format. That is, type the question and then the answer. Just make sure you cite your sources accordingly and where appropriate within your paper.
5) A bibliography/references page is required and must list all seven (or more) sources you used in your analysis.
6) Submit your analysis through the link found at the bottom of this page.
7) Failure to follow these instructions will result in an assessed penalty to your grade.
LISTS OF PROBLEMS TO SOLVE:
1) Political Corruption in Texas (one specific problem)
2) Electing Judges in Texas (one specific problem)
3) Redistricting in Texas
4)Governor of Texas – No term limits
5) Council-Manager Government
6) City, County, or State Government Relationship with Federal Government (one specific problem)
7) Felony Conviction and Voting
8) Strong-Mayor Government
9) Single-Member Districts Election System
10) At-Large Election System
TEMPLATE FOR PROBLEM SOLVING:
1) State your problem as clearly and precisely as you can. Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
2) What is your purpose, goal, and need for solving this problem? (Recognize problems as obstacles to reaching your goals, achieving your purpose, or satisfying your needs.) Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
3) Study the problem to determine the “kind” of problem you are dealing with. What kind of problem are you trying to solve? What do you have to do to solve it? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
4) What from your problem do you have control over and what do you have no control over? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
5) What information do you need to solve the problem? Explain. How can you actively seek the information you need to solve the problem? Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
6) What theory or theories can you formulate concerning this problem? Carefully analyze and interpret your theories and draw reasonable inferences. Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
7) Determine your options for action. What can you do in the short term? In the long term? Recognize your limitations in terms of money, time, and power. Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
8) Evaluate your options, determining their advantages and disadvantages. Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
9) Adopt a strategy. Follow through on it. This may involve direct action or a carefully thought-through wait-and-see approach. Explain your analysis/answer in five(5) or more sentences.
10) Evaluate and assess the implications of your action/strategy. Explain your analysis/answer in five (5) or more sentences.
MAKE SURE THE TOPICS YOU CHOOSE IF IT HAS THE OPTION FOR ONE SPECIFIC PROBLEM PLEASE JUST CHOOSE ONE PROBLEM FOR THE TOPIC.